For more information or to make an appointment, call: (203) 573-9512.
Geriatrics is a sub-specialty of internal medicine concerned with the health and well-being of older adults. Our geriatricians diagnose, treat, and manage diseases and conditions that require a special approach for aging patients, and serve as primary care providers for older adults.
We offer geriatric consultation and assessment as a multi-faceted approach to the care of older adults, with the goal of promoting wellness and independent functioning. Function is defined broadly to encompass the physical, cognitive, psychological, and social domains.
The consultation is a comprehensive examination by a physician specialized in Geriatric Medicine of a new or existing problem being experienced by a patient age 65 or older.
The specific medical problems and conditions, for which the patient can be referred to.
Geriatric Consultation include:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other Dementias
- Memory problems
- Neurological problems (e.g. Parkinson’s disease)
- Falls, balance problems and difficulties with walking
- Urinary incontinence
- Unexplained/ unexpected weight loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Change in mood and behavior
- Difficulties with personal care/managing at home
- Polypharmacy/ multiple medications in use
- Increasing physical, cognitive or social frailty
- Elderly driver assessment
Sharad Kothari, MD
- 1625 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury, (203) 573-9512
Yuliya V. Riat, MD
- Chase Outpatient Center, 160 Robbins St., Waterbury, (203) 573-7284
- 40 Main Street North, Woodbury, CT 06798, (203) 266-0080