For more information or to make an appointment, call (203) 758-1004.
Endocrinologists are trained to diagnose and treat hormonal problems. At Alliance Medical Group, our goal is to improve the health and well-being of patients with endocrine disorders, which are often complex and require a team effort. We are a resource for the endocrine needs of the community.
At our office, this is achieved through a multidisciplinary approach. Our team consists of qualified and experienced endocrinologists, nurse practitioners (APRN), dieticians and Certified Diabetes educators (CDE).
We are a team dedicated to providing the highest quality in endocrine care. The Endocrine Center and Specialty Services offer the latest in medical care and comprehensive self-management education and training for people with diabetes. Keeping education within reach is a key goal in helping individuals to understand the seven self-care behaviors necessary for healthy outcomes.
- Healthy Eating
- Being Active
- Taking Medication
- Problem Solving
- Reducing Risks
- Healthy Coping
What are Endocrine Disorders?
- Thyroid diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Diseases of the bones and disorders of calcium
- Disorders of the adrenal glands
- Gestational Diabetes
- Lipid (cholesterol) disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Hirsutism, i.e. Abnormal facial and body hair growth in women
- Cancer of endocrine glands
- Comprehensive diabetes education
- Individualized diabetes management using the latest technology and therapies available
- Insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling and exercise to optimize well-being and prevent weight gain
- Individual meal plans
- Weight reduction
Services offered include:
- Specialty Consultation
- Individual Patient Assessment
- Glucose Monitoring Training
- Nutrition Education
- Insulin Pump Training
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Diabetes Education for:
- Type 1
- Type 2
A physician referral is required. This office is designed to work in conjunction with your Primary Care Physician to assist you in reaching your maximum self-care goals. Our electronic medical record allows tracking of outcomes to assist the health care provider in meeting standards of care.
Anna Balasingham, MD (Chase Outpatient Center, 160 Robbins Street, Waterbury)
Jonathan J.Fillmore MD (1625 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury)
Anita Salerno, APRN (1625 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury)